Thursday, March 22, 2007

Prepare for Glory!

Dear to whom it may not concern ...

I spent the last couple of days trying to think of a possible connection between my ancestry and whether possibly, maybe, perhaps, they might have immigrated from Sparta to Irbid, but, Alas, with no luck!

Now here's one of the best movies I've ever seen, which to be honest ... makes Troy look like a walk in the park! For 2 hours I felt I'd miss something impoerant if I so muched blinked!

No wonder the Iranians got all crossed about the whole movie .. I mean who wouldn't be embarased with 300 men standing up to an army of immortals.

I wish it was longer though, an additional hour of the movie wouldn't have been bad at all ...

Then on my home I thought to myself, damnit man, tonight, I dine home :(

3 comments:

7aki Fadi said...

I saw the movie the day it came out like 2 or 3 weeks ago and my mind was blown away.

After that we found out that you can download the trailer on the PS3 and I was psyched to see it on the big screen TV at home instead of my tiny laptop screen.

You should see black Iris's preview of it, it's funny.

Who-sane! said...

I KNOW!!

I'm downloading the whole movie now, so I'd burn it on a CD and enjoy watching it on the big screen. ;-)

I read black iris's review a couple of days ago. HILARIOUS!!

Anonymous said...

A section from a commentray about how orientalist and racist this film is:

Some western film critics have echoed Iranian objections. Dimitris Danikas notes that 300 depicts Persians as "bloodthirsty, underdeveloped zombies" and feeds "racist instincts in Europe and America."

On the other hand film critic Dale McFeatters calls the Iranians "picky, picky," alleging (quite falsely), "Well, your leader did threaten to wipe Israel off the map." And Stanford history professor Victor Davis Hanson, reportedly admired by Cheney and his (professional historian) wife, posts his opinion on the right-wing "RealClearPolitics" website: "We rightly consider the ancient Greeks the founders of our present western civilisation ­ and, as millions of movie-goers seem to sense, far more like us than the [Iranian] enemy who ultimately failed to conquer them."