Sunday, April 1, 2007

Last day at work ...

Dear to whom it may not concern ...

After three years of working at my company, yesterday was my last day at ... It was not easy going through the day knowing I won't be working with all my colleagues anymore ... :-(

I wrote a long cheesy farewell email and sent it to all the my colleagues ... and in one of the sentences I wrote:

"First and foremost I’d like to thank Mike and Eileen for inspiring me and sharing their knowledge and experiences. It won’t be exaggeration if I said I owe it all to you, well maybe not all of it but most of it, maybe not most of it but a significant portion of it."

So my cheeky boss, Mike, replies with a long email and to get back at me for saying the above, he says:

I don’t understand your quote: “maybe not all of it but most of it, maybe not most of it but a significant portion of it?” That sounds like me talking with the accountant about your gratuity settlement. (Just teasing, babe.)".

Then in the evening we all went and had an open-bar farewell party, courtesy my boss.

Now one of my biggest fears has always been change and the fear of the unknown, and I'm not sure what to expect yet at my new company, but it's looking really boring. Although stable, but boring.

But at least now I don't have to worry about spending at least 2 weeks every month traveling to other countries on silly business trips, and I don't have to worry about dealing with the stupidist clients on the face of the earth on a daily basis.

Next Sunday is my first day in the new company, so I'll keep you posted how that goes.

Wish me luck guys :-)

19 comments:

7aki Fadi said...

Good luck!

Hope this new job is all you wanted and more.

Mohanned said...

good luck "Babe",
Whats up with that:D

Who-sane! said...

thanks 7aki :-)

mohanned: it used to freak me out when a guy calls me "baby" although that doesn't mean anything, but apparently it's ok. Still I would never refer to a guy as "babe"

Sam said...

good luck!!!:)

Who-sane! said...

thank you sam :-)

Mohanned said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mohanned said...

Yes, it is ok to be called babe...
IN PRISON:D

I am just teasing you man, no offence.

7aki Fadi said...

Who's sane: listen, I am sure your hetrosexual record is unblemished, but I never heard any man call another man "Babe". Heck I have not heard a man call a woman a babe either...LOL.

Next time your ex-boss calls you babe tell him babe bi wishak

Mohanned said...

Hey babe:D
I added your blog to my favs:D

Who-sane! said...

lol mohannad ... you reckon I should sue him for verbal abuse?

7aki fadi: can't believe that SOB kept calling me babe till I got used to it ... now I'm brainwashed to accept being refered to as "babe" from MEN! I'm scared :(

Who-sane! said...

mohanned: babe bi wishak 3ala 2oulit 7aki fadi :P ...

I'm still lingering on the blogosphere for a while before I put down my favorites list, but thanks a lot honey! LOL

Dandoon said...

GOOD LUCK!
I agree your next job sounds boring. You have to give up all the traveling!!!! and you will start work on a SUNDAY (thats ok if the week starts on Sunday in whatever country you are)
3njad mabrook. and change is good, it is how we learn in life!

7aki Fadi said...

oh my God I am laughing so hard there are tears in my eyes.

"Can’t believe that SOB kept calling me babe till I got used to it ... now I'm brainwashed to accept being referred to as "babe" from MEN! I'm scared :(".

HA HA HA

It's funny that you are the only blogger that makes me laugh all the time, whatever you say I laugh..ta7sheeshhhhhhhh

inta mud7ek.

Anonymous said...

Hey.. Good luck with your new job :)
wish you all the luck, o inhsalla menno la el a7san dayman :)

Mrs. Al Ramahi said...

Goooooood Luuuuuuck with your new job.. It is not easy to change your job after you've been used to the same peole, work and adminstation for 3 years. I am looking forward to hearing about your next job!

Good Luck again :)

Tiger said...

so Who' Sane

you r a babe? wow adorable man I think he gave you a promotion with that
man u r blessed thank god u left the company be4 he called u something else hahahaha (he would consider it as ur next promotion)

I think when you be a manager in his place what do u think he would call you ?

anyways your reputation has been saved and cheer up now you have a new boss that will call u with your name so u ll get used to be called with ur name instead of "babe" dont worry .. that is the benifit in working within a boring atmosphere..

regarding other guys dont worry we ll not tell anyone and we ll not call u "babe" ma3lesh ya jama3ah '7aleeha benatna mashooha la Who'Sane dont be scared man we r straight guys :)(and u r married so trust urself u need it)

7aki u reminded me be banat 3aman lama yet3akaso be dowar firas when the guys tells them eash ya 7elo and the reply would be 7elo be3ainak hahaha allah yer7am ayam el dawaween in ozer words allah la ywa6rezlek zakarteenee bellazee mada..

In case I forgot best of luck man:)

Who-sane! said...

thank you guys, I really really appreciate it!

dandoon: I myself chose stability and boredom over excitement and traveling. My significant other was getting sick of it, and you know ... a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do ;-) I do agree though, change is good, thanks and allah iybarik feeki la allah :-)

7aki fadi: LOL, 7assasteeni enni el joker taba3ik for a second, lol :P (kidding) glad I'm making it fun for you 7aki :-)

maioush: thank youuuuuuu!!! :-)

mrs. al ramahi: thank you very much! yeah, I miss them already :( ... I start my new job next Sunday, I'll keep you posted on how it goes :-)

tiger: LOL! I get you I get you!! He's calling me "babe" when he's my boss, let alone if I was his boss! hehehe, crazy thought. And I'm not quite sure about my reputation being saved, I think it's the other way around! My sexual orientation is being questioned here!! :P

And the award goes to Mohanned for highlighting that bit to the whole world! :E

Who-sane! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mohanned said...

Thank you babe:D
Fabulousssss(thats you saying this)

Sarat zana7'a sa7?
I promis last time:D